Our Mission Statement
Learning Together in Faith.
By recognising Jesus Christ in ourselves and others, our school strives to be a living Christian Community which values and nurtures each individual through a sound education and encourages responsible attitudes towards our changing world.
To remain faithful to our mission statement we aim:
- To enable every member of our school community to recognise their own God-given worth and in turn to respect the unique value of each person whatever their ability, age, wealth, poverty, gender or race.
- To offer a Catholic Religious Education programme and formation which enables all children to grow in their love of Jesus Christ.
- To rejoice in and celebrate our Faith and life through “meaningful” liturgies, assemblies and prayer.
- To encourage shared responsibilities between home and school.
- To strengthen our shared Faith with our parish and other Catholic Schools within our Deanery by being ‘Partners in Christ for Others’.
- To encourage links within our immediate neighbourhood and so develop an appreciation and respect for other faiths and cultures.
- To recognise and respond to the needs of each individual within the school community.
- To create an environment within which staff and pupils are encouraged to develop and grow to their full potential.
- Through sound government and management to provide and use cost effective resources that are appropriate and necessary for our work.
- Through the guidelines of the National Curriculum, provide a broad and balanced education.
- To help children develop a love of their environment and learn to treat and use it with the utmost care and respect.
- To educate and inform all individuals in our community about the aspirations and moral dangers of our changing world, and be equipped and ready to give any necessary support.
View our prospectus
You might like to take a look at our prospectus which contains lots of information about the school and how we operate.
The history of St Louis.
St Louis School began as an Independent School in 1937 and remained so until 1970 when it became a Voluntary Aided Primary School under Suffolk Education Authority’s three tier system of education.
The school serves a wide area, catering for children from the town of Newmarket and outlying villages up to a radius of approximately fifteen miles.
The original school building, which looks onto ‘The Severals’, is a three-storey building dating from 1897. It is bordered by an astro-turf all weather pitch, and trees. To the rear of the building is a large tarmac playground with a range of play and climbing equipment and a fenced woodland area.
The original school building contains six classrooms, a staffroom, a library and several smaller rooms, which are used for Special Needs teaching, group work and private music lessons. The Head of School has an office on the first floor. The Admin Team are located on the second floor, next door to a staff workroom. In the basement, there is a dedicated room for class teaching of Art & Design.
The newer school building houses Early Years Foundation Stage (Foundation Stage 2) and KS1 classrooms (Years 1 and 2). In addition, there is small group intervention room. The school hall is located downstairs. Behind this newer building is the single-storey building for Foundation Stage 1 children.
St Louis Catholic Academy is committed to offering a high standard of education to all children from Early Years to eleven when the majority of children transfer to St Benedict’s Secondary School, Bury St Edmunds.