Foundation Stage 2 – Year 2
From September 2014 the government have been funding schools in England to provide every child in Foundation Stage 2, Year 1 and Year 2 with a hot, nutritious cooked meal at lunch time. The aim is to improve academic attainment and save families money – over the course of a year the average family spends £437 on school lunches per child.
We hope that all parents with children in these year groups will take up this benefit of free school meals for their children.
Year 3 – Year 6
The price of a school meal for KS2 pupils will be £2.30 per day, £11.50 per week. THIS IS PAYABLE IN ADVANCE.
Payments can be made weekly, half termly or termly via ParentMail. We aim to process all payments electronically using ParentMail’s +Pay service.
Payment can only be made for a minimum of 5 days and must be made at least two days before the first meal is required.
If you are currently in receipt of Income Support, you could be entitled to free school meals. Please click on the link below to apply for free school meals.
Meals must be paid for in advance as we cannot bear this cost on your behalf. Since we have noticed an increase in late payments parents will receive a telephone call if their child requests a meal with no payment in credit and they will be expected to either bring in a packed lunch or the money that day.
Looking for school dinner menus?
We send out the menu on a regular basis via Parent Mail.
Free School Meals
Your child may be entitled to free school dinners if you receive:
- Income Support.
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Employment Support Allowance – ESA (income related).
- Child Tax Credit, and you are not entitled to receive Working Tax Credit, and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
- The Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Please click on the link below to visit the Suffolk County Council website where you can apply for free school meals.