Our School Values
Values and Expectations.
Our Behaviour Policy has three inter-linked elements – respect for self, respect for others and respect for the environment by developing our relationship with God. To reinforce this we have use an ‘Assertive Discipline’ approach, which specifically teaches the rules alongside rewards and sanctions to each class and in assemblies.
Have respect for… yourself
If your father looks after the wild flowers which bloom today and wither tomorrow, how much more will he look after you.
~ Matthew 6: v30
- We will try to do our best in everything we do.
- We will always try to do the right thing.
- We will try to be cheerful and pleasant.
- We will listen carefully and always speak gently and respectfully.
- We will take pride in ourselves and always try to be clean and keep our uniform tidy.
- We will keep ourselves under control by trying to act calmly and thoughtfully.
Have respect for… those around you
Always treat others as you would like them to treat you.
~ Matthew 7: v12
Each one of us is special and deserves to be treated with respect.
- We will try to treat others the same.
- Always try to be polite and say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’.
- Try to be patient and listen to what others have to say and not interrupt them.
- Be ready:
- to cheer people up if they are sad.
- to help them if they are finding things difficult.
- to praise them for their efforts.
- Try not to disturb or distract others when they are working.
- Never mock, make fun of or criticize other because they seem to be different.
Have respect for…
the Christian values of this community
Love one another just as I have loved you.
~ John 13: v34
- We will try to be like Jesus in all we do and say.
- We will show love by looking after others, being kind, gentle and helpful when we can.
- When we are at Mass or Assembly we will try to be quiet so that we can listen and pray.
- We will try to speak well of others.
- We will try to be honest, tell the truth and own up even when we find it hard.
- We will try to be the first to say sorry and make friends.
- As we also belong to a much bigger community than the school, we will remember to pray for and support others who are less fortunate.
Have respect for… property and the environment
The earth is the Lord’s and its fullness, the world and all who live in it.
~ Psalm 24
We are very lucky to have such a lovely school surrounded by beautiful grounds.
- We will treat all school property with care and always be willing to tidy up.
- We will take care never to spoil or damage the trees, the shrubs or the flowers.
- We will be gentle and kind to all God’s creatures.
- We will put litter in bins and try to recycle waste materials.
- We will take responsibility for our own belongings and look after them.
- We will always ask before borrowing or using other people’s things.